1. Respecting your privacy
We are committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers;
- your email and details for emailing newsletters for VIP offers, which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- information about gift recipients in order to allow us to fulfil the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Guest checkout can be maintained, you don’t need an account to buy, but we will retain your order history.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example to create an account, to become a member of one of our clubs or loyalty programs or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, events, surveys or focus groups; and
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you contact one of our call centres or bring a claim against us.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. For information about our use of this technology, click on this link to view our Cookie Statement. Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you.
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
5. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Access to personal information: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at: [email protected] or by calling us on 07 4093 2750. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. Correction of personal information: If you need to correct your personal information, you can do so by logging into your account and making a change. Email above if you are unsure how to do this.
6. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
7. Online payments
We do not record any credit card numbers for payment details all payments are processed through a reputable third party payment gateway eg. Commonwealth Bank. If you would prefer to use another option for payment you can contact us directly on 07 4093 2750 to arrange an alternative method
8. More information
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email – [email protected] ) (Australia) Last update of this policy: June 2020